Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A Personal Challenge: "Picture a Day "(365)

So I have decided to take on a new personal challenge. Several of my friends recently committed to a "Picture a Day" project ( for a year).... pretty much as it sounds. I am going to use my vast array of cameras and learned techniques to document things (scenes, events,people... etc..) within my ordinary and un-ordinary day to day life. I am going to be using Film ( yes Film) for this project so that I cannot manipulate the images. They will appear as I shot them so if I screw up an image then thats what I shall post and hopefully it will look creative!!!.
     I am going to use a variety of films and film cameras ranging from my Nikon F5 , Nikkormat FT ,to my dads Yashica-D twin lens. Being that its only one picture a day I will post the images at the start of the following month, so when my 31 ( depending on month of course) days are up I will wind out the film and process it and scan it so it can be uploaded! Obviously when I use the Yashica camera I will have a shorter time to wait as the exposures are only about 12 shots.....
  Why would I do this? Why not! Maybe I can revamp my creative juices, find interesting compositions within my everyday humdrum, without replicating anything within that year....I hope to, at the end of it all, produce a photobook with all the images in, being 365 images it will be more than likely smaller images montaged by month so I can fit it all in!!!
  So heres wishing me luck and yes I already took my first shot! February is Nikon F100 month!!! whoop, such an amazing camera to use!

2 comments:

Custom Concepts Photography said...

Are you just only taking ONE photo or picking your favorite for that day? I end up taking at least 15...I guess with film you have to be picky and choosy!

DLT said...

Nope... I am only taking the one image!!!! once its done... its done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...