Sunday, September 29, 2013

It's all good: dltphoto

Here are two very similarly shot images with two very different formats. One shot with the timeless Olympus OM-10 with a  Zuiko 50mm 1.8 and the other with my trusty Nikon 1 V1 with the 70-200 2.8 VR.



I remember not so long ago that a potential Bride told me to "get with the times" when I informed her I shot with both film and digital, at that time.
Both of these images have great characteristics, the Fuji Neopan film I used was old and I have found it to be kind of low contrast but amazingly smooth grain. The digital is obviously more contrasty and a little sharper, that doesn't surprise me. I can see why people still enjoy the purity of film, really as old as the technology is it is still able to compete in so many ways. People who dismiss film so quickly are misinformed about it, film camera's are everywhere and are cheap. Sure there is no instant gratification but whats wrong with waiting a little bit? Out of my roll of 36 I only had one bad image. Out of your last 36 shots from your digital camera did you keep all 36? or did you delete a lot of them?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...